On its pages, Facebook clearly states that Facebook personal pages are meant for the individual user, not for a group or a business. Despite those stark clear words, it beats us why people insist on making such a foolish mistake of using a personal account instead of a business page!
Ecommerce web development is largely concerned with creating e-commerce websites and marketing it to feature among the top players in its category. We are concerned about the second part of ecommerce web development --- marketing.
The reasons why we, an ecommerce web design company had to take this point up might be a little tough for you to deduce, but let us assure you that we are professionally capable of dissecting commercial organizations and businesses and suggest radical measures to remedy mistakes and rapidly make meaningful changes to their business tactics.
Our quick fire 5 reasons why you should disassociate your personal profile and create a dedicated business page has been tested by our editors and experts, we hope these will help you as well.
1. Personal profiles are nothing if not secretive. Despite the growing capabilities of Facebook’s search engine, a personal page is not made to go all out public. Intrinsic features of a personal profile are to help individuals make connections at a personal level. This brings us to the next point.
2. People are unwilling to friend a business. There are thousands of reasons why a business trying to connect with a profile page fails, one reason is its doubtable impeccability. Facebook friends are able to share and see what others are up to, but a real human will not want a business to know every detail of their personal lives! Moreover, it is in violation of the terms of Facebook to use profiles for branding or business!
3. An ecommerce web design company’s hard work might go in vain without a proper business page. Resurrecting an organizations social presence after such a debacle will cost a lot, so it seems wise to make the correct decision at the first instance instead of committing such an obvious mistake.
4. Truly powerful tools to promote an ecommerce web development business are not available with personal profiles. A business page has much more bells and whistles. A profile cannot have more than 5000 friends, whereas for a page, the sky is the limit. You cannot create dedicated landing pages or customize the pages with profiles.
5. Profiles are not indexed by Google and hence no one will see your Facebook page if they searched for it on Google. After this why would anyone want a profile page is almost mysterious to us!
These 5 were among thousands of influential reasons for not having a personal page for business. One last reason before we sign off, is the Insights part of business pages. Without ‘Insights’ your Facebook campaign is a rudderless ship wandering in the Pacific!